Thursday, March 6, 2008

A True Artist


A good friend of mine makes some really gorgeous jewelry. She's been doing it for years and only in the recent years has she made a business from it. When I was in the hospital after giving birth to my daughter, she came to visit me and gave me a salvation bracelet that she made. The visit meant a lot to me because my baby daughter was in the NICU and I was absolutely terrified. This bracelet isn't just a beautiful piece of jewelry. It means many things. First of all, it's a salvation bracelet, so for us Christians it represents what Christ did for us. Black is for sin, red is for Christ's blood, white is being made clean through accepting Christ, blue is for baptism, green is for spiritual growth, and gold is for Heaven. For me the bracelet also stands for true friendship. It serves me as a daily reminder that there are real friends out there who will take the time to be there for you when times are really tough.

If you have a moment, you can can hop over and check out my friend's site: Gentle Spirit Creations It's simply amazing to see what talent she has and it's always a joy to look at her creations.

Note: The picture seriously does not do this piece justice at all. I was trying to catch the sparkle of this jewelry. The photos on the Gentle Spirit Creations site are way better.

No comments: